Saint-Jean-de-Matha and surroundings
A must-visit destination with so much to see and experience
Just one hour from Montreal is where the foothills begin. Making your way along our charming country roads, stop in to meet our duck farmers, cheesemakers and Trappist monks who all take great pleasure in satisfying foodies.
Saint-Jean-de-Matha is a must-visit spot for winter sports. Whether you prefer the thrill of snow tubing or skiing on our many kilometres of cross-country trails, you’re sure to have loads of fun. Home to legendary strongman Louis Cyr, it’s not surprising that Saint-Jean-de-Matha wields such power over travellers. Be sure to plan a visit to his house-museum!
Come play outside at Super glissades Saint-Jean-de-Matha!
Winter is a true fun-filled playground at Super glissades Saint-Jean-de-Matha! Families and friends will love zipping down the 30 slopes, including a rafting hillside. With so much to do, from cross-country skiing and snowshoeing to the largest inflatable games park, you’ve just got to stay overnight!
The winter wonderland of Parc des chutes Monte-à-Peine-et-des-Dalles
Whatever the season, the three waterfalls are always impressive. Come and snowshoe along the 17 km of trails, accessible from the Sainte-Mélanie entrance. Through fields and hills and across suspension bridges, take in the outstanding beauty of these winter landscapes.
Abbaye Val Notre-Dame
An outstanding place for design lovers, foodies and outdoor enthusiasts. After a day of snowshoeing or cross-country skiing, stop in at the Abbey’s shop. Discover their mouth-watering creations, such as fruit cake, forest products and a wide range of other local produce.
OTHER ACTIVITIES AND SERVICES TO DISCOVER
- Boulangerie Sainte-Béatrix - bread, pastries, cakes and fresh donuts | 983, rue de l'Église, Sainte-Béatrix
- Vie et cie - épicerie locale et écoresponsable, café | 931, route Louis-Cyr
SERVICES TO DISCOVER
- Chez Hector - grill and seafood restaurant, bring your own wine | 2070 route Louis-Cyr, Saint-Jean-de-Matha
- Patate Chez Gros Loup - snack and fast food restaurant | 1031, route Louis-Cyr, Saint-Jean-de-Matha
- À la bonne franquette - family restaurant with snack menu and various dishes, bring your own wine | 880, rue de l'Église, Sainte-Béatrix
- Le Dialogue - fine regional cuisine | 2521, route Louis-Cyr, Saint-Jean-de-Matha
- Le Repaire du Nord - snack and fast food | 5310, rue Principale, Saint-Félix-de-Valois