Berthier and its Islands
Experience a mesmerizing archipelago
A sight to behold with so much blue all around. Summer is a wonderful time to roam around the Berthier Islands, slowly discovering its beauty. Lost in the middle of the majestic St. Lawrence River, the islands are accessible from almost any direction. Hop on your bike and in no time at all you’ll be riding through captivating landscapes, crossing over bridges and causeways. A ride on the scenic Sorel-Tracy ferry is a must. Or make your way around the islands in a sea kayak. Whatever you do, don’t forget your camera—you’re in bird paradise!
Forty kilometres long, Lac Saint-Pierre is included in UNESCO’s world network of biosphere reserves. It’s one of the bodies of water most densely populated with fish in Quebec.
Explore the surroundings by bike
A riverfront, islands to cross, a low altitude, charming landscapes... the perfect conditions for a cycling expedition! Three circuits allow you to admire the singularity of this sector, whether you cycle along the St. Lawrence River via the Chemin du Roy or through cities and countryside. The Berthier Islands Circuit is a must for all cyclists, while a ferry boat allows you to pass from one island to another. So many possibilities to enjoy unique views on the richness of the flora and fauna!
Vineyard lovers’ paradise
By bike, motorbike or car on the King's Road
Not to be missed this summer
Events not to be missed to enjoy the cultural life of the village centers, without forgetting the encounters with the local flavors during the public markets.
- Fromagerie Domaine Féodal - 12 cheeses made on site. | 1303, rang Bayonne sud, Berthierville
- Folle Farine - Organic flour produced and ground on a stone wheel directly on the farm. | 327, Grande Côte Est, Lanoraie
- Fruiterie des îles - fruits, vegetables and local products | 136, chemin de la Traverse, Saint-Ignace-de-Loyola
- Vignoble Carone - Vineyard. | 75, rue Roy, Lanoraie
Activities and attractions
- Les Bricoleuses - Coffee and refreshments with art and craft shop. Gifts, decoration and local products. | 480, rue Frontenac, Berthierville
- Parc Gérard-Lavallée - Rest area with walk along the St. Lawrence river. Quay, landing stage and sports facilities. | 122, rue Saint-Antoine Sud, Lavaltrie
- Berthier Golf Club | 1480 Grande Côte, Berthierville
- L'Escale-du-Roy - municipal rest area with historical model and exhibitions, including one on the Tourbières-de-Lanoraie | 14 Louis-Joseph-Doucet Street, Lanoraie
- Promenades sur le fleuve - rest and picnic area with sculpture exhibition and panoramic trail | 12, rue Louis-Joseph Doucet, Lanoraie+
- Galerie Le Berthelet - store and art gallery | 24, place du Marché, Berthierville
- Casse-croûte Chez Cocotte - Fast food in a food truck along the St. Lawrence River. Having a poutine here is a must! | 532, Grande Côte Est, Lanoraie
- Le Décante - Resto-lounge with varied menu and privately imported wines. | 999, rue Notre-Dame, Lavaltrie
- Crèmerie Avalanche - Ice cream and sweet treats. | 810, rue Notre-Dame et 11, chemin Lavaltrie, Lavaltrie