L'Assomption and surroundings
City of water, heritage and popular culture
Did you know that the center of the town of L’Assumption is on a peninsula washed by the waters of the river of the same name? Vibrant, lively and completely relaxed, L’Assumption has its city center teeming with activity. We fall in love with its refined shops and its beautifully furnished terraces! The sector also has some gourmet addresses that will allow you to find new products. Don't leave without trying one of the two canoe circuits will make you paddle on the peaceful waters of de l'Achigan and L’Assomption rivers.
The mission of the Hector-Charland Theatre is to animate the cultural life of the MRC de L'Assomption by hosting shows in all disciplines of the performing arts: theater, song, classical music, dance, jazz, world music, comedy, repertory cinema and variety. This year, the Corporation Hector-Charland is adapting to offer you a wide range of shows while respecting the sanitary measures in place.
L'Assomption, the city of culinary discoveries
Warm bistros, welcoming cafés and high-end restaurants, L'Assomption has nothing to envy to the metropolis when it comes to gastronomy! And what about its terraces? Whether you're looking for tartars, mini burgers, French-inspired dishes or just a good microbrewery beer, there are many options for you!
By bike along the Chemin du Roy
Canoeing circuits of L'Assomption and L'Épiphanie
Discover L'Assomption and L'Épiphanie from the river aboard your canoe or kayak.
L'Assomption Heritage Tours
Stroll the streets of L'Assomption with a guide in historical costume! See the heritage buildings in a new perspective thanks to anecdotes and legends.
Electric scooter rentals
Try out a Geebee and go exploring the city via a historical and artistic tour that promises great discoveries.
Spa Santé Corps et Âme
In addition to body and beauty treatments, you will be able to spend a unique moment of relaxation in their private Nordic baths.
L'Assomption Ecological Park
An exceptional natural heritage in the heart of the city offering 7 km of hiking trailsand a disc golf course.
Chocolaterie Le Cacaoyer
Unique artisanal chocolate factory where you will find much more than chocolate, including gourmet cakes, macaroons and many other treats!
Fous de théâtre | August 26 to 28
Third edition of this festival dedicated to contemporary theater. Varied programming including free outdoor activities and indoor shows.
In summer or fall, pick your own fruits and vegetables or go directly to the kiosk and stock up on delicious homemade products. Also on site, tractor towers, small animals and picnic areas.
Not to be missed this summer
Events not to be missed to enjoy the cultural and urban life, not to mention the encounters with local flavors during public markets.
Discover our circuits
Need help planning your trip to the region? Whether it’s to stay overnight, eat or choose activities, you’ll find a selection of must-see locations below.
- Les récoltes Hervieux - fruit and vegetable market and regional products | 751, montée Saint-Sulpice
- Ferme Jocelyn Urbain - lamb, angus beef and cooked products | 924, rue Notre-Dame, Saint-Sulpice
- William J Walter - Over 60 Varieties of Homemade Sausages | 1111, boulevard de l'Ange-Gardien North Suite 112
Activities and attractions
- Parc écologique de L'Assomption | 1191, boulevard de l'Ange-Gardien Nord
- La Penderie - home accessories clothing store and more | 337 boulevard de l'Ange-Gardien
- La Petite Penderie - children's clothing, toys and accessories | 347, boulevard de l'Ange-Gardien
- Le Présentoir - gift shop, decoration and lifestyle | 283 boulevard de l'Ange-Gardien
- L'Espace créatif - ceramic painting, cookie decoration, coffee | 378, boulevard de l’Ange-Gardien
- L'Herboristerie plaisirs santé - teas, zero waste accessories, gift store | 338,
- Les Entêtées - boutique of fine products, microbrewery beers, ready-to-eat | 345, boulevard de l'Ange-Gardien boulevard de l'Ange Gardien
- Les Entêtées - Café-Resto santé - lunch, dinner and ready-to-eat | 345, boulevard de l'Ange-Gardien
- Resto Le L'Assom - snack | 339, boulevard de l'Ange-Gardien
- Les délices du Lao-Thaï | 261, rue Saint-Ignace
- La crème à Coco - beaver tails and creamery | 815, boulevard de l'Ange-Gardien Nord