Welcome to Lanaudière!
Lanaudière is a place of a thousand and one faces, a colourful region where you can enjoy every kind of interesting and lively activity – on your own, as a couple, with friends or the whole family. Our region’s wide-open spaces, virgin forest and wilderness areas, 10,000 lakes and rivers, waterfalls, plains and mountains, numerous beaches all make it a perfect outdoor paradise!
Lanaudière, is also…
- Pristine nature, ideal for hiking, cycling, canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, horseback riding and camping of all kinds;
- Dozens of beaches for enjoying water sports;
- Rich, fertile farmlands offering an abundance of local produce to be enjoyed in charming rustic settings;
- Health centres and spas to re-energize you and restore your vitality
- A wealth of festivals and events of all kinds;
- A rich heritage of historical sites and museums to be discovered;
- Some fifteen golf courses of all sizes and degrees of difficulty;
- Numerous maple groves – ideal for anyone with a sweet tooth;
- An outstanding selection of outfitters, for a great catch in any season;
- Hundreds of kilometres of marked ATV and snowmobile trails with breathtaking scenery all around;
- Mountainous areas with excellent snow coverage for downhill skiing, cross-country, dog-sledding, sliding and snowshoeing;
- An impressive natural network of outdoor skating rinks.